Hello, everyone! Gorgeous day here in Utah. We’ve got some fun pictures to see, so let’s get crackin’!
Last night’s dinner was at Wahso, an Asian grill in Park City.
Their menu is small but varied (and fancy!). We started with steamed pork buns with pickled cucumber:
I’m not sure why restaurants call these steamed pork buns when they’re super-heavy? This appetizer breaks the rule of ordering “steamed” items on menus to keep your meals light.
For dinner, I ordered seared tuna:
Peter ordered the beef, but I’ll spare you my amateur picture (which makes the beef look like something else I can think of that’s brown and lumpy … ) . Wahso was pretty good – the portions were a perfect size, but the prices were too much for what you get. It was a fun splurge, but I wouldn’t go back there.
This morning, my regular oatmeal was accompanied by a new peanut butter:
I usually avoid Skippy because even the “natural” variety has artery-clogging palm oil, which is mostly saturated fat. However, Skippy is nice to get during a vacation because Peter and I can share it.
Now, onto the skiing! Today was GORGEOUS! The sun was shining and warm, the mountain was uncrowded, and the snow was perfect.
Please forgive the fuzzy iPhone pictures from this point on. I’m going to bring my lumpy, bumpy camera from now on just for you guys because I care about you all so much! Besides, Peter wants his phone back.
Pics from the lift:
Peter showing off his bug-eye goggles. Not sure why the iPhone gives a fish-eye view?
This run is my absolute favorite:
Not a very good picture of the slope. I’ll try to get a better one tomorrow.
Every day for lunch I get their mini-version of a Whole Foods salad.
I can try a little bit of my favorite toppings while consuming a huge pile of greens. And, a salad doesn’t weight me down while skiing in the afternoon. I don’t know how I’d be able to ski after a burger and fries!
Now, onto something even more fun! I was so happy to get this great blogger award from Katie at Health for the Whole Self. Thanks, hun!
Prepare yourselves! I am about to tell you SEVEN statements about myself, but only ONE is true. So, that means six statements are total LIES. Your role? Guess the TRUTH. This occasion is the only time I’ll ever lie to you, so remember this moment 😉
Here we go!
1. I’m a freestyle skiier – I love terrain parks and sometimes do 180s and was able to do a 360 once.
2. I’ve been to Hawai’i once, on our honeymoon.
3. The widespread obsession with Lord of the Rings drives me nuts – who cares about short people and some ring?
4. I have really small feet, which has saved me a bundle because I can buy kids’ sizes.
5. I only have 75% of the number of teeth a person normally has.
6. When I was a kid, I announced I was going to run away from home (haven’t we all?) and actually camped out in the nearby woods for three hours.
7. I have a strong aversion to clementines, but not oranges. I don’t know why … maybe because their small size creeps me out?
Now, to nominate seven other bloggers who I think would like to participate (I wish I could have included all of you wonderful bloggies)!
1. Samantha @ Bikini Birthday
2. Darryn @ brio.gusto
3. Kristen @ The Swanky Dietitian
4. Em @ HomecookedEm
5. Savannah @ Light Delight with TouTou
6. Kristen @ Simply Savor
7. Meghan @ Travel Eat Love
Once nominated, here is what you have to do:
1. Thank the person who gave this to you. 😉
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3. Link to the person who nominated you.
4. Tell up to six outrageous lies about yourself, and one outrageous truth.
5. Nominate up to seven “Creative Writers” who might have fun coming up with outrageous lies.
6. Post links to the seven blogs you nominate.
7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know you nominated them.
So, what do you think is the ONE true statement? Good luck, everyone, can’t wait to hear your guesses! 🙂
P.S. I’ve decided to post every other day or so this week so that I can gather up some good pictures for you guys … and also because it’s vacation! Hope you all don’t mind. 🙂