15 Lessons I’ve Learned from Our Dogs
(1) Stand tall and reach for the stars (or at least the top of the table). You may find something delicious(ly-fulfilling) there.
(2) Getting plenty of rest is non-negotiable.
(3) It’s okay to show your vulnerable side.
(4) Don’t be afraid to speak up (Maddie isn’t).
(5) Make room in your diet for veggies.
(6) Overeating happens.
Don’t beat yourself up. Use it as an opportunity to practice mindfulness while eating.
(7) It’s okay to ask for help.
Bonnie is a lady of maturity. Sometimes her joints get sore on long walks, so we bought a cart in which to bring her around. Now, we can enjoy walks with both our precious pups.
(8) Don’t be afraid to stand up for what’s right (even if it’s just the right to your own tennis ball).
And understand that what you think is “right” may not necessarily be what other people think is “right”.
(9) Exercise is good for the spirits!
(10) No matter how much you plan, there will always be surprises.
(11) Look ahead instead of dwelling on the past.
(12) Go for what you want.
(13) Taking regular breaks while working makes you more productive.
I can’t tell you how many times I’ve seen Maddie take breathing breaks before resuming toy evisceration. Makes her SO much stronger.
(14) We all have bad hair days where nothing seems to go right.
The moment will pass.
(15) It’s possible to fall in love within 0.62 seconds.
This picture is the first we took of Maddies (all 3.2 pounds of her) on the day we brought her home. She was available because another couple didn’t want her. The morning we went to check her out, I still wasn’t sure I wanted a dog. I’d never had one and was afraid I wouldn’t be able to care for such a helpless creature. Taking her home would require a leap of faith.
Then I saw her across a crowded room. And the rest is history.
Taking her home is the best decision I ever made.
Check out the Monday’s Dog Week post (peanut butter frozen yogurt treats) here.
This was way too cute, I love that your dog eats veggies! Who knew your pup can be so inspirational. 🙂 I can’t even begin to tell you which picture is my favorite.
Happy Dog Week!
i got myself a dog too not too long ago – it was more of an impulse decision but over time she has taught me to be very patient and compassionate. We can all learn a thing or two from them. If you ever want to do a pup-chat shoot me an email 🙂
Absolutely! We totally should! 🙂
This is too precious Jessie! I loved all these photographs and lessons, but my favorite was of you running with your sweet pup. Made my day! Thank you for sharing with me. I hope you are having a wonderful Wednesday!
This is too cute, what a great post! Love your blog =)
Thanks! I love the name of your website 🙂
Awww, what a sweet list of 15 lessons, thanks for sharing! #3, 4, 5, 6, and 7 are my favorite lessons! Maddie looks so adorable….