A Poem for My Beloved Apricots
by The Bard of J-Town
I never thought I’d find a fruit,
That more than berries would me suit,
Until your sweetness hit the spot,
Of you I speak, my apricot!
Fresh or dried, jelly or jam,
Your versatility’s not a sham,
Dried with cheese is def my thing,
Unless it is American.
Sweet Apricot Chicken Salad
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Keywords: entree chicken apricots
Ingredients (8-10 servings)
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt, any kind
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons apricot jam (adjust to taste)
- 3 scallions, both white and green parts sliced
- 1/3 cup red onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary or thyme, diced
- 10 dried apricots, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup toasted almonds, sliced or slivered
- 2 pounds cooked chicken breast, shredded
- Salt and pepper
Stir together yogurt, mayonnaise, mustard and apricot jam. Combine with rest of ingredients except for chicken. Toss dressing with chicken. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Top with additional toasted almonds and/or chopped apricots and serve with a green salad and crusty bread.
Note: Adjust amount of apricot jam to taste.
Doesn’t the center look like a tiny Buddha’s hand? Maybe we’ll get a full-grown fruit this year – stay tuned!
Q: What is your favorite way to enjoy apricots? What’s your favorite fruit?